Author Topic: Tony Blair (Read 643 times)
william

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Tony Blair
« Aug 14, 2010 3:44:46 GMT »

is the most underrated world leader of the past twenty years. for a moment let's look back at all the good things he did. saved sierra leone, pressed the united states on kosovo (the genocide that didn't happen), and was the only leader that went into in iraq for the right reasons.

abs
God

abs Avatar

[send pm]

Tony Blair
« Aug 14, 2010 9:36:04 GMT »

There were no right reasons for going into Iraq.

FFS.

leanne

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Tony Blair
« Aug 14, 2010 11:03:36 GMT »

Removal of a genocidal maniac?

bakester
God

bakester Avatar

That's Tremendous

[send pm]

Tony Blair
« Aug 14, 2010 11:30:32 GMT »

Tony Blair was a warmonger and should be remembered and even prosecuted as such. While not on quite the scale that Bush was, lots of blood is on his hands.

When I wake up in my makeup. Have you ever felt so used up as this?
abs
God

abs Avatar

[send pm]

Tony Blair
« Aug 14, 2010 11:53:43 GMT »

leanne Avatar
Removal of a genocidal maniac?

If that was a reason to invade a country then several countries would be being invaded each year by the World Police.

william

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Tony Blair
« Aug 14, 2010 12:21:12 GMT »

abs Avatar

FFS.

on humanitarian grounds the the incursion is more understandable. and should of been predicable due to the labour foreign policy doctrine. the problem was and still is that my country got into the business of nation building. when all that needed to be done was remove saddam hussein. tariq aziz would of been more than a capable of leader to lead the country.

abs
God

abs Avatar

[send pm]

Tony Blair
« Aug 14, 2010 12:33:15 GMT »

william Avatar
abs Avatar

FFS.

on humanitarian grounds the the incursion is more understandable. and should of been predicable due to the labour foreign policy doctrine. the problem was and still is that my country got into the business of nation building. when all that needed to be done was remove saddam hussein. tariq aziz would of been more than a capable of leader to lead the country.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_Dossier

Yeah, humanitarian grounds.

bakester
God

bakester Avatar

That's Tremendous

[send pm]

Tony Blair
« Aug 14, 2010 12:43:42 GMT »

www.lewrockwell.com/pilger/pilger86.1.html

william

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Tony Blair
« Aug 14, 2010 12:46:14 GMT »

the september dossier wasn't even written by the british. instead it was a collection cia intelligence constructed in the queens english. i truly believe that.

bush was obsessed with trying to get saddam since he tried to assassinate the decent bush, his father. no one was going to get in his way especially someone as ideologically divergent as blair.

"Labour wants Britain to be respected in the world for the integrity with which it conducts its foreign relations. We will make the protection and promotion of human rights a central part of our foreign policy. We will work for the creation of a permanent international criminal court to investigate genocide, war crimes and crimes against humanity."

william

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Tony Blair
« Aug 14, 2010 12:49:22 GMT »

www.slate.com/id/2122186

bakester
God

bakester Avatar

That's Tremendous

[send pm]

Tony Blair
« Aug 14, 2010 13:47:39 GMT »

The entire first paragraph of that is textbook fearmongering. Instead of providing solutions they accept attacking them as necessity and retribution as inevitable. I suggest a simple solution, stop attacking them.

My son flew in from TCOTU at the weekend, and we were discussing, as we have several times before, why it hadn't happened yet. "It" was the jihadist attack on the city, for which the British security forces have been braced ever since the bombings in Madrid. When the telephone rang in the small hours of this morning, I was pretty sure it was the call I had been waiting for. And as I snapped on the TV I could see, from the drawn expression and halting speech of Tony Blair, that he was reacting not so much with shock as from a sense of inevitability.

socalledhardcunt

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Tony Blair
« Aug 14, 2010 14:42:51 GMT »

william

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Tony Blair
« Aug 14, 2010 15:14:25 GMT »

bakester Avatar

The entire first paragraph of that is textbook fearmongering. Instead of providing solutions they accept attacking them as necessity and retribution as inevitable. I suggest a simple solution, stop attacking them.

My son flew in from TCOTU at the weekend, and we were discussing, as we have several times before, why it hadn't happened yet. "It" was the jihadist attack on the city, for which the British security forces have been braced ever since the bombings in Madrid. When the telephone rang in the small hours of this morning, I was pretty sure it was the call I had been waiting for. And as I snapped on the TV I could see, from the drawn expression and halting speech of Tony Blair, that he was reacting not so much with shock as from a sense of inevitability.

when you reference attacking them are we talking about years of british incursion in the middle east, the afghan invasion, or their foray in iraq?

bakester
God

bakester Avatar

That's Tremendous

[send pm]

Tony Blair
« Aug 14, 2010 15:29:18 GMT »

Yes I mean all of it.

All of it essentially means some sort of occupation. The US are the biggest cunts in all of this. We now have an "embassy" in Iraq that is larger than the Vatican. The war in Afghanistan has no real proclaimed/reachable goal. Control of oil is what the West is after. People are losing their lives and no one wants to give a shit anymore now that Bush/Blair are gone.

The West have drones in Afghanistan killing people.

bakester
God

bakester Avatar

That's Tremendous

[send pm]

Tony Blair
« Aug 14, 2010 15:33:18 GMT »

This is fun...

Instead of remorse, Blair has demonstrated a voracious and secretive greed. Since stepping down as prime minister in 2007, he has accumulated an estimated £20 million, much of it as a result of his ties with the Bush administration. The House of Commons Advisory Committee on Business Appointments, which vets jobs taken by former ministers, was pressured not to make public Blair’s "consultancy" deals with the Kuwaiti royal family and the South Korean oil giant UI Energy Corporation. He gets £2 million a year "advising" the American investment bank J P Morgan and undisclosed sums from financial services companies. He makes millions from speeches, including reportedly £200,000 for one speech in China.

In his unpaid but expenses-rich role as the West’s "peace envoy" in the Middle East, Blair is, in effect, a voice of Israel, which awarded him a $1 million "peace prize." In other words, his wealth has grown rapidly since he launched, with George W. Bush, the bloodbath in Iraq.

william

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Tony Blair
« Aug 14, 2010 15:39:31 GMT »

bakester Avatar
Yes I mean all of it.

All of it essentially means some sort of occupation. The US are the biggest cunts in all of this. We now have an "embassy" in Iraq that is larger than the Vatican. The war in Afghanistan has no real proclaimed/reachable goal. Control of oil is what the West is after. People are losing their lives and no one wants to give a shit anymore now that Bush/Blair are gone.

The West have drones in Afghanistan killing people.

The drones are mainly in Pakistan and are as much as a success as they are a hinderance. In regards to everything else i agree. Obama foreign policy has been a disaster. Still better than what we were dealing with and what we could be dealing with if he didn't win the election.

bakester
God

bakester Avatar

That's Tremendous

[send pm]

Tony Blair
« Aug 14, 2010 15:44:18 GMT »

william Avatar
The drones are mainly in Pakistan and are as much as a success as they are a hinderance.

Success? What I understand is that they spy indiscriminately. How would you feel if a drone (not a google car) was circling your house?. Especially when the intention is not to map, but to kill?

« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2010 15:45:27 GMT by bakester » Back to Top  

william

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Tony Blair
« Aug 14, 2010 15:59:04 GMT »

bakester Avatar
william Avatar
The drones are mainly in Pakistan and are as much as a success as they are a hinderance.

Success? What I understand is that they spy indiscriminately. How would you feel if a drone (not a google car) was circling your house?. Especially when the intention is not to map, but to kill?

Well considering our troops are not allowed in Pakistan and the Pakistani military are too fearful or ill equipped to go into North Waziristan. This is the best the United States can do. Does it kill people indiscriminately it totally does. But it also kills Al Qaeda and Taliban forces. Who won't normally engage with NATO, Afghan troops, or the United States.

Drones are a much better scenario than another military intervention with ground forces that would have more collateral damage and destroy more lives.

bakester
God

bakester Avatar

That's Tremendous

[send pm]

Tony Blair
« Aug 14, 2010 16:15:56 GMT »

william Avatar
Does it kill people indiscriminately it totally does. But it also kills Al Qaeda and Taliban forces

Those two short sentences disgust me. The second sentence is unfortunately based on reading fearmongering indoctrination. How can you be sure that the people killed are percentage-wise evil-terrorist? We are respecting a machine to make life and death choices?

william

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Tony Blair
« Aug 14, 2010 16:53:47 GMT »

bakester Avatar
william Avatar
Does it kill people indiscriminately it totally does. But it also kills Al Qaeda and Taliban forces

Those two short sentences disgust me. The second sentence is unfortunately based on reading fearmongering indoctrination. How can you be sure that the people killed are percentage-wise evil-terrorist? We are respecting a machine to make life and death choices?

It's not fear mongering indoctrination. Peter Bergen, Thomas Friedman, and Robert Fisk are all part of some massive government plot to scare us into submission?

I failed to mention intelligence agencies because they do have the habit of being wrong or manipulated. But in this case I'd safely say that was highly unlikely. Let's get off the moonshine Jakester.

The ISI created a monster in the Taliban who now give safe haven to Al Qaeda or vice-versa in North Waziristan. Depends on who you talk to and who you want to believe. But that is one of the epic centers in the war on terror. Since everyone from the aforementioned Al Qaeda and Taliban to LET have some base of operation in the region.

I'm all for diplomacy and finding other means to deal with the problem such as repatriation of the Taliban into Afghan society. I think thats a terrific idea but that is only one solution to a very complex situation. Which is made up of building infrastructure, overhauling the education system, and providing basic goods and services. But along with that also comes with death.

All of this is going to be naught anyway since we are going to fail just like the Russians and the British did before us.

Quick Reply