Author Topic: AA album scrapped (Read 979 times)
rabst
God

rabst Avatar

[send pm]

AA album scrapped
« Oct 24, 2012 19:15:31 GMT »

schnook Avatar
Noel Gallagher is a cunt

sure you need some love, my friend.

'Had plenty of moments where I laughed which is rare with me in films.' - mayony

'I just took at look in my facebook blocked list' - mrs d.
barny
God

barny Avatar

[send pm]

AA album scrapped
« Oct 25, 2012 6:54:33 GMT »

He's got a point saying that if the mixes are shit, there's no point in releasing those songs like that. But yeah, the words he chose to say it sound terrible. Anyway, all the work I've heard from AA has been decent at best.

Fuzzy Dunlop
God

member is online

Fuzzy Dunlop Avatar

[send pm]

AA album scrapped
« Jan 19, 2015 21:50:38 GMT »

Noel Gallagher has revealed that his collaboration album with psychedelic producers Amorphous Androgynous will "never see the light of day" because "the mixes weren't right" and he just "couldn't be arsed" to put out another record.

In the new issue of NME, which is on newsstands now and available digitally, Gallagher discussed the ill-fated album, which was announced at the same time as his debut solo album.

"Initially when they delivered it they managed to pull off the trick of recording the quietest CD of all time," he said. "When I got it I couldn't hear it and was like, 'Is it broke?' But for all the great ideas on it… I was in the middle of a tour, that last album had blown up, the mixes weren't right. And by the time I got back off tour I was just like, 'I'm not fucking putting out another record, I can't be arsed'. I was frazzled and had glandular fever. I was fucked."

The former Oasis man added that track 'The Right Stuff' from his upcoming album 'Chasing Yesterday', which began its life on the Amorphous Androgynous album, is "vastly different from the first one." He said: "The [song] in this record is vastly different from the first one, which had a lot of noodling and fucking about. It's become quite psychedelic, jazz, fucking whatever you wanna call it."

"I am a tender, beautiful and loving guy that happens to slap a photographer now and then because they get in my way."
Fuzzy Dunlop
God

member is online

Fuzzy Dunlop Avatar

[send pm]

AA album scrapped
« Feb 11, 2015 16:59:35 GMT »

British production duo Amorphous Androgynous have revealed their side of what happened to the album they recorded with Noel Gallagher, and say the former Oasis man missed out on what could have been "the most exciting moment in modern fucking music history".

Gallagher's collaboration with Amorphous Androgynous was announced in tandem with his debut album proper, 'Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds', at his 2011 press conference. The record wasn't released and Gallagher recently told NME it will "never see the light of day" because "the mixes weren't right" and he just "couldn't be arsed" to put out another record.

Speaking exclusively in the new issue of NME, which is on newsstands now and available digitally, Amorphous Androgynous's Gaz Cobain revealed that the duo had no idea Gallagher was working on two records simultaneously, and only discovered that he'd recorded another, more traditional album with producer Dave Sardy when it was announced at the press conference. "At that point," said Cobain, "we knew our record was fucked."

Cobain said suspicions were raised when Gallagher was absent from the recording sessions, having supplied the duo with a bunch of demo recordings. "There had to be an artistic process where we would all be expressing opinions and getting deep down and dirty with each other, and that essentially is where this record went wrong," Cobain said. "Noel gave us all the power and we conducted most of those two years in absolute isolation. I don’t think he wanted to fully interface with the craziness of our music."

He added: "You’re looking at a two-year process here – thousands of hours of our time. At no point was our record supposed to be a remix album or a companion piece… For us, this had the potential to be the most exciting moment in modern fucking music history. This was his solo album; this was the idea that Noel had held back in Oasis. He'd name-checked 'Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble', krautrock and worked with The Chemical Brothers. Now was his moment of freedom; his moment of revolution."

In spite of the experience, Cobain said he holds no ill feeling toward Gallagher, and said they get on "totally well". Two tracks from the sessions have made their way on to Gallagher's forthcoming 'Chasing Yesterday' album.

"I am a tender, beautiful and loving guy that happens to slap a photographer now and then because they get in my way."
Benoît Assou-Ekotto
God

Benoît Assou-Ekotto Avatar

Slapped by a dwarf.

[send pm]

AA album scrapped
« Feb 11, 2015 17:13:58 GMT »

One of the guys said on his Facebook they expect the NME to water their version down as Noel is the cash cow and it's not wise to offend him. Looks like this has happened tbh.

[shadow=blue,left,300]Benoît Assou-Ekotto [/shadow]

"fuck it, i'll be back at the end of the footy season to collect my winnings off byram. can't be arsed with pricks any more." Orch 06/09/2011
Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

AA album scrapped
« Feb 11, 2015 17:20:48 GMT »

So not only is Noel a bottle job who is more concerned about record sales rather than artistic merit, he's also a massive SNAKE.

They should leak that shit a week before the new album is due out.

ton
God

ton Avatar

[send pm]

AA album scrapped
« Feb 11, 2015 19:44:00 GMT »

Well, at least Revolution Song is finally being released.

weird time this century
Columbia_rocks_man
God

Columbia_rocks_man Avatar

[send pm]

AA album scrapped
« Feb 11, 2015 22:29:00 GMT »

Noel confirmed as dad rock tosser part 567890o

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

AA album scrapped
« Feb 12, 2015 5:58:35 GMT via mobile »

ton Avatar
Well, at least Revolution Song is finally being released.

It won't be long until we solve the mystery of that track!

barny
God

barny Avatar

[send pm]

AA album scrapped
« Feb 12, 2015 9:00:52 GMT »

He has also turned down working with The Libertines. Some years ago I would be decieved but it's probably good news

danscouse
God

danscouse Avatar

That's just the way I like to roll....

[send pm]

AA album scrapped
« Feb 12, 2015 15:44:31 GMT via mobile »

Here's a belter......Liam should do a record with AA,

I'll see you on the darkside of the moon
srk
God

srk Avatar

[send pm]

AA album scrapped
« Feb 12, 2015 17:46:00 GMT »

Given what we heard on the b-sides of the last album, I'm not all that disappointed by this.

Fuzzy Dunlop
God

member is online

Fuzzy Dunlop Avatar

[send pm]

AA album scrapped
« May 27, 2021 11:52:56 GMT »

NME interview with Garry Cobain www.nme.com/news/music/amorphous-androgynous-noel-gallagher-album-persuade-immortal-interview-2945988

What happened to the album you did with Noel Gallagher?

“He hasn’t destroyed the masters because I’ve got them, haven’t I? Of course! How has the producer who made the record alone in a room for 18 months and only worked directly with Noel for three weeks not have the masters? I wouldn’t release somebody else’s music because he’s paid for it, but I may or I may not be still working on bits – interesting question.”

How far out did the record get?

“I’m used to really battling to get things through the final hurdles. It required the kind of artistic process that I’m used to, but when you’re dealing with the chief songwriter of Oasis who’s got his own ways of producing things, it took a long time to get over those hurdles. It’s gonna be very different to the way he does it. It wasn’t our album so it was like, ‘We’re making an album for you, remixing, putting different backing around your songs, collaborating directly with you at points’, but then I delivered that work with loads of forks in the road.”

And then it all came to a halt?

“He basically went on tour and we never got to do the final mixing. To me, that’s more of a mystery than anything else. It was really wild and it’s a real shame because it wouldn’t have taken that much more of a relationship. There was some art, it got to almost being finished and I think it’s a real fucking shame. It’s still sitting there and it’s still extraordinary. I think people would love to hear it.”

He said he felt like he was making a record for you…

“Absolutely not. I couldn’t be more co-operative if I fucking tried. My job as a producer is to try to gently encourage people to surprise themselves. I’ve got better at that [but] I wanted collaboration [in a way] that maybe he wasn’t prepared to be collaborative. The truth is I think he thought we were gonna remix his songs and we weren’t gonna push collaboratively. The absolute opposite actually happened. I became the producer and I got really involved with him deep down and dirty, started trying to illicit deeper performances from him and I got them on some occasions. I think he even surprised himself. We got in a room with him, we pushed him, we argued with him.”

So it felt collaborative to you?

“I was very collaborative. We had the odd little argument but generally we were really buzzing. I was DJing at his album launch, he came over to me at that party and said ‘I’m gonna finish the mixes on these, it’s gonna be the second best rock album of all time’. Then I start to get bad-mouthed in the press, but I don’t really hold him much malice. Take it from me, the record is great, a lot of work was done, he was inspired by it.”

Have you fallen out?

“No, we’ve not fallen out at all. The way I view this is that it’s a relationship. As a producer you have to work with the person you’re with and I could’ve done better at that. So I’ve learned from it. I love Noel, I don’t agree with the way he’s handled some of it, but I understand – he makes his decisions that work for him at that point. I sat with him in a room, I’ve seen him surprised by what he can do when he’s inspired in a slightly different way.”

shenandoah
God

shenandoah Avatar

[send pm]

AA album scrapped
« May 29, 2021 12:42:05 GMT »

I wonder why the collaboration with them didn't work, but the one with David Holmes did.
They both had him do "stuff" in the studio to get him out of his Oasis box, but one he loved, the other he disliked.
The irony of it is that The Right Stuff is still the best tune he's done solo

Quick Reply