anananana
God

anananana Avatar

because of the implication

[send pm]

Ben
« Jun 15, 2018 23:26:08 GMT via mobile » -

RIP Ben

I remember on The-Masterplan he posted an Abercrombie & Fitch model photo and passed it as his own. Then he got caught about it and then became a regular poster.

In 2004 I met him at a music festival in Atlanta, for which he got my mate and I both tickets. Smoked a joint in his hotel room as well. We talked all day and he introduced us to the guys from Franz Ferdinand. Legend.

"Bitch please, you still be tripping if Wes Anderson licked your pussy to the motherfucking Velvet Underground"
NY

NY Avatar

[send pm]

Ben
« Jun 15, 2018 23:57:34 GMT »

My favorite memory of Ben was watching Oasis in Philly back in 2005, along with KablePunk. He also did take me to a Devils game once. That was nice. I did buy all the beer that night.

In fact I bought beers pretty much every time we hung out. He owed me money, he owed Kim money for a Noel show back in 2011 as well, I think he paid her after about a year. I don’t remember him having money, ever. Details about work were always shady too. I think he did do something with sound editing/mastering or something like that, but I don’t think he worked for a while.

He told me countless stories about the world but never actually provided any kind of remote evidence that he went there. He once messaged me saying he’s in China, and he was able to hack the local government office in order to have access. Messaged me from Nepal once too, saying he was going to the mountains. Never actually sent a pic of something. What a strange person he was. 

I think he eventually became a pathological liar, pretty much lying every day about everything. Poor guy. Died way too young.

noelsprincess67

noelsprincess67 Avatar

[send pm]

Ben
« Jun 16, 2018 16:38:51 GMT via mobile » -

Hi Everyone... I hope this news isnt true. I was shocked when Timmy text me about it the other day.

I liked Ben when we hung out, although as Timmy said, I usually paid for everything. He bailed on me and Kable for Oasis in Toronto in 2006, MSG in 2009, and well... the Noel solo tour is a whole other saga. Like Timmy, I haven't seen/heard from him since that really. But now isnt the time for those details. Its really sad news, which definitely makes you stop and think for a bit :(

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

Ben
« Jun 17, 2018 1:03:56 GMT via mobile » -

This is quite surreal, it feels like an adaptation of Big Fish with us all meeting at Neverland to mourn the passing of somebody I knew but never knew. Good to know other people I never knew are safe and sound. I never spoke to Ben but remember the username fondly. Sad times.

weetabix

weetabix Avatar

[send pm]

Ben
« Jun 17, 2018 2:42:46 GMT via mobile » -

I haven’t had the nerve to break the news to Dan/Horizon. I’ve been meaning to DM him on twitter. I think they were (Internet) close. 🙁

NY

NY Avatar

[send pm]

Ben
« Jun 17, 2018 4:34:37 GMT via mobile »

I’m trying to find out more details from some of his twitter buddies. It’s very sad.

jp
God

jp Avatar

[send pm]

Ben
« Jun 17, 2018 6:20:02 GMT via mobile »

I went to have a morbid look at his twitter and it says I'm blocked haha. Really weird as I have never really used twitter much and certainly never interacted with him on there and never followed him or anything. I also don't ever really remember having much interaction directly with him on the forums, no conflicts or anything.

brad
God

brad Avatar

The Rainham End

[send pm]

Ben
« Jun 17, 2018 8:49:52 GMT via mobile »

Sad news. Always quite liked Ben - had quite a few twitter discussions with him and Andy since he left here. Seemed a nice guy.

Remember he was supposed to meet with myself and Abs after a The Music gig in Leeds way back. Still to this day unconvinced he was actually there. We spend ages working out which bald guy he was.

Rip Ben!

bakester
God

bakester Avatar

That's Tremendous

[send pm]

Ben
« Jun 17, 2018 14:01:34 GMT » -

Ah Fuck.... how old was he?

When I wake up in my makeup. Have you ever felt so used up as this?
NY

NY Avatar

[send pm]

Ben
« Jun 17, 2018 14:19:24 GMT via mobile »

About 40 or so I think.
But details about Ben’s personal life, including his age, have always been sketchy as fuck. Even the people on twitter don’t know anything about him. One told me they had a falling out as well.

NY

NY Avatar

[send pm]

Ben
« Jun 17, 2018 14:24:10 GMT via mobile »

brad Avatar
Remember he was supposed to meet with myself and Abs after a The Music gig in Leeds way back. Still to this day unconvinced he was actually there. We spend ages working out which bald guy he was.

Rip Ben!

That’s because he definitely wasn’t.

I’ve had at least one or two experiences like that. And that’s when we already knew each other. Once he supposedly hooked up with a girl so he never came to find me (I think that was a Clinic gig) and once he was there, he said, but he couldn’t find me. I’m 6’4, he’s bald, it was a 200-300 person gig.

There was also the time when he had the tickets for a show but he didn’t make it because he tore his ACL on his way back home and had to go to a doctor, but he didn’t have insurance, so he went to a relative, who operated on him, so he couldn’t make the gig. So I missed out on it.

Rollinice
God

Rollinice Avatar

[send pm]

Ben
« Jun 17, 2018 14:41:28 GMT » -

My memory isn't what it was, but I swear he posted on HF Boards in April.

I am highly skeptical when it comes to his demise.

Ageless and Timeless

NY

NY Avatar

[send pm]

Ben
« Jun 17, 2018 14:57:42 GMT via mobile »

It wouldn’t surprise me either.

bakester
God

bakester Avatar

That's Tremendous

[send pm]

Ben
« Jun 17, 2018 15:18:53 GMT » -

New Netflix series?

When I wake up in my makeup. Have you ever felt so used up as this?
NY

NY Avatar

[send pm]

Ben
« Jun 17, 2018 15:22:46 GMT via mobile »

20 reasons why.
The soapbox murders.

noelsprincess67

noelsprincess67 Avatar

[send pm]

Ben
« Jun 18, 2018 3:19:39 GMT via mobile »

sullycinnamon Avatar
Jun 17, 2018 1:03:56 GMT @sullycinnamon said:
This is quite surreal, it feels like an adaptation of Big Fish with us all meeting at Neverland to mourn the passing of somebody I knew but never knew. Good to know other people I never knew are safe and sound. I never spoke to Ben but remember the username fondly. Sad times.

I didn't know this place was still going, and I have to say it is good to see a lot of familiar user names. Hope everyone is doing well, too.

I've been thinking a lot about this Ben thing and I just dont know what to make of it. Unfortunately he has lied to me very many times, and I never quite understood why as I'm generally a very easygoing person. I rarely fight with anyone. The first time he blew me off and I lost money because of it was Toronto. Then again came MSG when he told me a few days later that his daughter had been hospitalized. I hate to think people make stuff like that up, but it was always something like that. The Noel solo tour was a lot of money too, and at a bad time for me, but I eventually gave up on that. I haven't seen him since I started nursing school, but we kept in touch mostly on Twitter. It's very sad, and I certainly never wanted anything bad to happen to him. Shock is the main feeling I think.

Benoît Assou-Ekotto
God

Benoît Assou-Ekotto Avatar

Slapped by a dwarf.

[send pm]

Ben
« Jun 18, 2018 13:47:01 GMT »

He sounds like a bit of a prick.

[shadow=blue,left,300]Benoît Assou-Ekotto [/shadow]

"fuck it, i'll be back at the end of the footy season to collect my winnings off byram. can't be arsed with pricks any more." Orch 06/09/2011
monkeytennis
God

monkeytennis Avatar

popping like the top of a bottle of hot javascript

[send pm]

Ben
« Jun 18, 2018 15:22:07 GMT »

Benoît Assou-Ekotto Avatar
He sounds like a bit of a prick.

innit.

i never quite believed the story of him putting out a joint and shoving it into his pocket (but i obviously still had a laugh with it). now it seems like it couldn't be a lie.

he seemed like he had/has a bunch of issues. poor chap.

« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2018 15:23:15 GMT by monkeytennis » Back to Top  
bornslippy
God

bornslippy Avatar

[send pm]

Ben
« Jun 19, 2018 8:49:21 GMT »

We should have a soapy death pool for the next forum member to kick the bucket.

On the doorstep [Siouxsie] asks me whether right or left would be the best direction to find a taxi, and although her best bet would be left, I suggest she turns right. It is churlish of me, but it is she who has set the pace.
Stocky 2: Cruise Control

Stocky 2: Cruise Control Avatar

[send pm]

Ben
« Jun 19, 2018 9:06:07 GMT »

NY Avatar
 He once messaged me saying he’s in China, and he was able to hack the local government office in order to have access. 

:D

Quick Reply