Benoît Assou-Ekotto
God

Benoît Assou-Ekotto Avatar

Slapped by a dwarf.

[send pm]

Ben
« Apr 11, 2020 7:29:29 GMT via mobile »

Rollinice Avatar
A con man is a bit too far, he did have some musical connections, I believe he even engineered or was involved with a British band that was kind of akin to Lowgold. He also had a wife, who he told me worked for MSNBC at one time doing audio for the Dan Abrams show.

I don't know he was a strange one, but I think he just wanted to be loved and there isn't anything wrong with that. I think there is a chance he is alive still, he is crazy enough to pull something like this off.

They’re lies as well mate lol.

I worked with a sociopath for years and years. He essentially lied about everything, never showed any remorse but was quite a nice guy. He once told us he was in Australia, when we knew he was elsewhere, and tried to prove it by tagging himself in pictures of pubs in Sydney on an Instagram story. All the images were from the opening page of an obvious google search of ‘pubs in Sydney’. He told us he split with his wife and got with a naive girl in the office. When it all came out years later, that he was still married, he claimed he had cancer to gain sympathy. Someone noticed he’d used the same post code on both addresses on his letter from the NHS. Endless lies. He still tried to celebrate being cancer free 6 months later.

[shadow=blue,left,300]Benoît Assou-Ekotto [/shadow]

"fuck it, i'll be back at the end of the footy season to collect my winnings off byram. can't be arsed with pricks any more." Orch 06/09/2011
Mr David
God

member is online

Mr David  Avatar

[send pm]

Ben
« Apr 11, 2020 8:04:01 GMT »

Rollinice Avatar
A con man is a bit too far, he did have some musical connections, I believe he even engineered or was involved with a British band that was kind of akin to Lowgold. He also had a wife, who he told me worked for MSNBC at one time doing audio for the Dan Abrams show.

I don't know he was a strange one, but I think he just wanted to be loved and there isn't anything wrong with that. I think there is a chance he is alive still, he is crazy enough to pull something like this off.

he had a wife who never once let him take a picture on her phone when his battery had died?

1=20
NY

NY Avatar

[send pm]

Ben
« Apr 11, 2020 18:35:52 GMT via mobile »

I see what Billy is saying, at the end of the day, he was a friend. He listened to a lot of good music, he got me into a couple cool bands. He was the guy that if you needed him, he’d be there. I guess that’s what a friend does.

HOWEVER, I would say he was a pathological liar. That story with the guy tagging himself in Australia sounds like Ben a lot.

He never, ever showed me a picture of his wife - he also said he had a daughter, never saw her either. Though it’s not impossible, anyone can have a kid I guess, the fact that I knew nothing about them is suspicious.

The whole thing about where he worked is a mystery too. He said he worked in the music and film industry, but he never really went into depth. We often met up, but I never picked him up from work or whatever. Again, no pictures or anything. The only thing I ever saw was some IMDb credit, but again not a lot of info.

I still feel bad regardless. I think bringing up some of these crazy lies/stories makes me kinda miss him.

Oh and he also loved weed. He never brought any around, but he said he always smoked. I used to smoke cigarettes back then too, I don’t think he ever had a pack but he’d always bum mine.

Rollinice
God

Rollinice Avatar

[send pm]

Ben
« Apr 12, 2020 14:21:37 GMT via mobile »

Ben might be alive and living in NC.

Happy Easter!

Ageless and Timeless

NY

NY Avatar

[send pm]

Ben
« Apr 12, 2020 14:23:34 GMT via mobile »

I second that.

Might have left Florida and live happily in North Carolina, lurking in this forum.

Admins, check those IP addresses ha

« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2020 14:23:54 GMT by NY » Back to Top  
sevenleaf
God

sevenleaf Avatar

[send pm]

Ben
« Apr 12, 2020 15:36:32 GMT » -

Just read this thread from start to end in one hit. 9/10 would recommend

MaskedWrestler

MaskedWrestler Avatar

[send pm]

Ben
« May 17, 2021 18:12:24 GMT »

I wonder if he fell off a ladder....

mahoney
God

mahoney Avatar

[send pm]

Ben
« May 17, 2021 20:19:12 GMT »

Tuckerman Avatar
We’ll all be dead someday.
:D :D :D :D :D :D FFS

mahoney
God

mahoney Avatar

[send pm]

Ben
« May 17, 2021 20:28:37 GMT »

NY Avatar

And he’s dead now ffs, no beer for me
:D :D :D :D

This thread is incredible. 

Rollinice
God

Rollinice Avatar

[send pm]

Ben
« May 17, 2021 21:23:05 GMT »

It is horrible we couldn't help him.

Ageless and Timeless

Belligerent Hype Man
God

Belligerent Hype Man Avatar

DRINK LUCOZADE!!! [F4:@Bronsons_Beard]

[send pm]

Ben
« May 18, 2021 9:34:06 GMT »

What a thread. I'm only seeing the picture Themis posted for the first time, that's not how I imagined Ben to look like at all. He looks like the kind of guy who gets caught by rogue paedophile hunters on Facebook.

MaskedWrestler

MaskedWrestler Avatar

[send pm]

Ben
« May 18, 2021 13:28:22 GMT » -

Rollinice Avatar
What do you think happened rolls? Someone indicated a fall. Do you think he done himself in or was it in accident? 

I had a few weird interactions with Ben over the years as well. He once told me to fly to New Jersey and he'd take me to a hockey game and we'd meet the players afterwards. I was figuring he may want to bum me or kill me. So I declined that invite. 

Another time he told me his job was in film but he moved into interning as a band manager. He was saying how'd he was banging HAYLIE Duff and someone from The Pussycat Dolls  :D

tucker
Administrator

tucker Avatar

[send pm]

Ben
« May 18, 2021 14:11:04 GMT »

Benoît Assou-Ekotto Avatar
Tuckerman Avatar
Which one is Ben?
Odds on the flamboyant Uncle Festa in the middle.

:-X :-X :-X

As others have said, this thread is amazing. Wish Themis would come back with more stories.

krburg
God

krburg Avatar

Dorothy Was a Waitress

[send pm]

Ben
« May 18, 2021 14:17:42 GMT »

MaskedWrestler Avatar
Rollinice Avatar

Another time he told me his job was in film but he moved into interning as a band manager.

In fairness, as Sam previously pointed out, this might refer to his time as Uncle Fester in the Addams Family?

Columbia_rocks_man
God

Columbia_rocks_man Avatar

[send pm]

Ben
« May 20, 2021 12:15:05 GMT via mobile »

mahoney Avatar
Tuckerman Avatar
We’ll all be dead someday.
:D :D :D :D :D :D FFS

:D :D :D

Been a year since I read this thread, some laugh out loud moments. It’s what Ben would have wanted.

bakester
God

bakester Avatar

That's Tremendous

[send pm]

Ben
« May 23, 2021 14:36:59 GMT »

:D :D :D :D :D :D hahahha amusing thread

When I wake up in my makeup. Have you ever felt so used up as this?
shenandoah
God

member is online

shenandoah Avatar

[send pm]

Ben
« May 24, 2021 10:12:52 GMT »

Mr David  Avatar
maybe he died cos he needed an ambulance but his battery died, so he did too.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

this thread started out really sad and quickly became the funniest thing I've read in ages

TheSunTheSea

TheSunTheSea Avatar

[send pm]

Ben
« Jul 11, 2021 3:42:36 GMT »

Shit, Ben died?

DiamondWhite

DiamondWhite Avatar

[send pm]

Ben
« Jul 25, 2021 12:52:03 GMT »

He supposedly went to the Denver/Seattle Super Bowl in NJ. Then one day he just disappeared. Talked to a few people and they also had no info other than he had a fall at home and by the sounds of it, had an infection and that's what did him in.

Quick Reply