Author Topic: Weight struggles (Read 392 times)
bornslippy
God

bornslippy Avatar

[send pm]

Weight struggles
« Sept 3, 2019 9:21:33 GMT »

monkeytennis Avatar
:D :D ennit

I'm lucky and smug enough to not have too many issues keeping off weight, but one of the things that has led me to be consistently slim/skinny when I have wanted to be, are 5HTP supplements. I started taking them as I was doing pills/mdma many weekends a few years ago and I was getting paranoid about completely depleting my serotonin. 5htp is the precursor to serotonin but it's effectiveness in raising it in the body is questionable still. anyway, fuck that, it's also very good for weight management (as in you low key don't feel the need to eat more than necessary) and keeping your mood steady. my weight stopped fluctuating and i was consistently slim as fuck. try it out, it's easy to get from amazon or holland & barrat or whatever, pretty cheap and safe. don't overdose on them though, stick to what it says on the tin. serotonin syndrome is no fucking joke.

MDMA is good for keeping the weight off, if you take lots you cant sweat/urinate over half a stone in one night, then the bonus of it being an appetite suppressant. It's a gift from God quite honestly.

It does fuck up my immune system though, only ever get ill after a MDMA binge.

It's all been said but I think Kev's point about not setting weight goals is the best, if anything set fitness goals; as weight, although an indicator, isn't a fool proof way of assessing health. I've always been quite lucky with my weigh but i went cycling along the Danube a few years ago and I was being overtaken Teutonic pensioners who were barely breaking sweat, whereas I was completely knackered.

Kept up the cycling and I'm now much fitter. Its more fun and less stressful on the joints than running.

On the doorstep [Siouxsie] asks me whether right or left would be the best direction to find a taxi, and although her best bet would be left, I suggest she turns right. It is churlish of me, but it is she who has set the pace.
tucker
Administrator

tucker Avatar

[send pm]

Weight struggles
« Sept 6, 2021 16:03:49 GMT »

Can't believe this thread is over 2 years old. That has absolutely flown by.

Anyway, yeah, a lot happened since my initial post. Most notably of course, the pandemic and losing my Mum. What this has meant is that, while I am not much further forward, things are going well. For the last year or so, a little longer (basically since my Mum died) I've not really been too concerned with my weight. Then of course, with a New Year coming in, I decided I was gonna do the "get healthy/fit" thing again. Stepped on the scales - 24st 6lbs. Fucking hells bells. Eating too many takeaways and drinking too many beers had took its toll.

So, just over a month ago, I started again. Back following Team RH, which is basically a plan telling you to eat a certain amount of calories and hitting some protein and fibre goals, while doing 10,000 steps a day.

It's going really well. It's not really a diet because you can still eat shite as long as it's within your calories, and as long as you're hitting macros and doing steps. Because I'm such a fat shite, I'm allowed 3,500 calories, so nothing is really off limit with moderation. What I will say is, it's not really a diet, or doesn't feel like one. Just more of a lifestyle change. If I eat shite, I wake up the next day feeling awful. Not mentally as in "oh I wish I hand't eaten that, boo hoo", but like, actually rubbish - tired, sluggish, dehydrated. So now, that is something I'm always thinking about when I'm considering having a KFC or McDonalds. Same for booze. In the last 5 weeks, I've only drank twice, which is excellent for me because I love nothing more than a few beers on a Saturday. I can still drink if it's within my calories but don't as much because it slows down the weight-loss and even just 2 or 3 beers leaves me with a horrendous hangover.

So yeah, in 5 weeks I'm down about 16lbs which is pretty fucking great, and I'm feeling equally great. Full of energy and positivity about the future*.

*No doubt I'll be quoting this post in another 2 years, typing on my phone from a hospital bed having had a stroke or something.

« Last Edit: Sept 6, 2021 16:04:05 GMT by tucker » Back to Top  
titchjuicy
God

titchjuicy Avatar

[send pm]

Weight struggles
« Sept 6, 2021 20:33:23 GMT via mobile »

Me and the other half have just embarked on a health kick after putting on loads of Terry during the various lockdowns.

I'm also a tall bloke like Dan Scouse (6'4" too) but 14st and a 30" waist is something i'd never get down to.

I've fluctuated between 16 and 18 stone over the last 15 years and am now at my peak fighting weight (18 and a 1/2 stone). I've never been skinny.

My kryptonite is snacking. After dinner I always feel like I need something sweet.

Exercise is the saviour for me. I love hiking and a couple of years ago was doing 14 or 15 miles every Saturday and Sunday in preparation for some Himalayan trekking. Once the trek was over though I went properly to seed and laziness and a very unhealthy lifestyle which culminated in the last 6 months (drank every day for at least 6 months).

In the last three weeks have only drunk twice at weekends and am eating so much more healthy. And shock horror, feel massively better for it.

I would love to get below 16st even if just for a short period of time, as it's been a loooooong time since I hit that mark.

cadger

cadger Avatar

[send pm]

Weight struggles
« Sept 21, 2021 19:03:00 GMT »

Interesting read this. And hats off to everyone being so honest 8D

I struggled to put on any weight for all my teens to the point where I was self-conscious about my skinniness. Then the bad diet and drinking, coupled with not playing football or doing any sort of regular exercise, really caught up with me in my 20s and I ballooned out.

Took me years to get it under control, and I still really struggle with weight.

I am the same as a lot of people here that drinking is a big culprit. Not so much the night itself (although beers do not help), but when I am hungover my food choices are shocking. Plus the hangovers and residual effects of hangovers can last two to three days.

One big night on the piss leads to three days of shocking diet, meaning I need to eat like a saint to break even.

Running was a bit of a saviour for me. Everything goes to pot when I get injured though, which is every second month these days. >:D

???

Moz
God

Moz Avatar

[send pm]

Weight struggles
« Sept 21, 2021 22:38:53 GMT via mobile »

cadger Avatar
Interesting read this. And hats off to everyone being so honest 8D

I struggled to put on any weight for all my teens to the point where I was self-conscious about my skinniness. Then the bad diet and drinking, coupled with not playing football or doing any sort of regular exercise, really caught up with me in my 20s and I ballooned out.

Took me years to get it under control, and I still really struggle with weight.

I am the same as a lot of people here that drinking is a big culprit. Not so much the night itself (although beers do not help), but when I am hungover my food choices are shocking. Plus the hangovers and residual effects of hangovers can last two to three days.

One big night on the piss leads to three days of shocking diet, meaning I need to eat like a saint to break even.

Running was a bit of a saviour for me. Everything goes to pot when I get injured though, which is every second month these days. >:D

???

DaveyBoy?

Quick Reply