Author Topic: Coronavirus (Read 9,034 times)
para
God

para Avatar

[send pm]

Coronavirus
« Mar 14, 2020 23:11:17 GMT » -

FUCK OFF TO FLAT HELL

eddiemurphy
God

eddiemurphy Avatar

[send pm]

Coronavirus
« Mar 15, 2020 0:00:55 GMT »

like a scene from the stand. :|

« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2020 0:01:51 GMT by eddiemurphy » Back to Top  

Rollinice
God

Rollinice Avatar

[send pm]

Coronavirus
« Mar 15, 2020 0:08:24 GMT »

lilybirdfart Avatar
Mar 14, 2020 18:30:35 GMT @lilybirdfart said:
:)

Put some skin in the game fly into Milano.

Ageless and Timeless

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

Coronavirus
« Mar 15, 2020 17:05:31 GMT »

para Avatar
FUCK OFF TO FLAT HELL

danscouse
God

danscouse Avatar

That's just the way I like to roll....

[send pm]

Coronavirus
« Mar 15, 2020 18:07:16 GMT via mobile »

mahoney Avatar
we could download old versions of MSN & drink cans of strongbow whilst listening to the second coming & the good will out like the good old days

Is limewire still actually a thing? We could all install it and wait for 'force of nature - NOEL DEMO' to download only for it to be that bill Clinton clip and then panic incase I've put a virus on my dads computer!

I'll see you on the darkside of the moon
Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

Coronavirus
« Mar 15, 2020 18:21:24 GMT »

barny
God

barny Avatar

[send pm]

Coronavirus
« Mar 15, 2020 19:37:43 GMT via mobile » -

First, can someone ban the hehe?

Second, everything quite fine over here. I'm quite privileged as don't have close cases yet and will keep on working from home. But of course I am worried about the old ones in my family, health and supermarket workers I know...

Let me tell you numbers are way higher than announced. I mean, lots of politicians, sport people, etc. Obviously they can get the test but the regular people only get if it gets really bad. That might mean the death rate is lower but still...

I'd say your government is nuts, no way any health system will manage to deal with all the potential cases if no measures are token. Italy was a mirror into the future and Spain decided to pass on that... only now people are realizing the size of the issue. We are probably going to stay at home for a month or more. People can leave just for buying food, going to work, walking the dog, etc. But our normal life won't return in a lot of time. A huge economic crisis will follow.

Just writing this to let you know what is coming. I know it will sound strange, if I was myself a week ago I would probably read this and skip it... but aye, reduce your social interaction. Listen to Abbey Road on repeat. Yep.

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

Coronavirus
« Mar 15, 2020 20:06:40 GMT »

danscouse
God

danscouse Avatar

That's just the way I like to roll....

[send pm]

Coronavirus
« Mar 15, 2020 21:02:28 GMT via mobile »

barny Avatar

Second, everything quite fine over here. I'm quite privileged as don't have close cases yet and will keep on working from home. But of course I am worried about the old ones in my family, health and supermarket workers I know...

Let me tell you numbers are way higher than announced. I mean, lots of politicians, sport people, etc. Obviously they can get the test but the regular people only get if it gets really bad. That might mean the death rate is lower but still...

I'd say your government is nuts, no way any health system will manage to deal with all the potential cases if no measures are token. Italy was a mirror into the future and Spain decided to pass on that... only now people are realizing the size of the issue. We are probably going to stay at home for a month or more. People can leave just for buying food, going to work, walking the dog, etc. But our normal life won't return in a lot of time. A huge economic crisis will follow.

Just writing this to let you know what is coming. I know it will sound strange, if I was myself a week ago I would probably read this and skip it... but aye, reduce your social interaction. Listen to Abbey Road on repeat. Yep.

Its mental the way it's gone so big so quick. as late as what...thursday?...there was still a business a usual mentality (to use the epl as an example weekend fixtures supposed were to go ahead whilst in 3 days there saying this and the next whole season could be written off). Crazy. I believe italy has just had its worst day for deaths and we seem much more relaxed than them so who knows what's coming for us

I'll see you on the darkside of the moon
barny
God

barny Avatar

[send pm]

Coronavirus
« Mar 15, 2020 22:05:27 GMT via mobile »

Atletico champions game feels like ages ago

Mr David
God

Mr David  Avatar

[send pm]

Coronavirus
« Mar 15, 2020 22:26:43 GMT »

barny Avatar

I have a cough and a mild fever (had a cold too so it's probably that tbh) checked on NHS website and it's clear that there is no way the government can now how many people have the virus.

I work from home and I've decided to only leave the flat for things I need to do, had a little argument with the missus who thinks I'm being a bit extreme (she had a gig booked for friday ffs) but that's it for me, tomorrow I'm going to advise my dad to do the same but I doubt he'll accept the idea that he should avoid his grandchildren

1=20
Rollinice
God

Rollinice Avatar

[send pm]

Coronavirus
« Mar 15, 2020 22:27:09 GMT »

lilybirdfart Avatar
Mar 15, 2020 20:06:40 GMT @lilybirdfart said:

Put some skin in the game fly into Lombardia.

Ageless and Timeless

Belligerent Hype Man
God

Belligerent Hype Man Avatar

DRINK LUCOZADE!!! [F4:@Bronsons_Beard]

[send pm]

Coronavirus
« Mar 16, 2020 9:59:07 GMT »

Mr David  Avatar
barny Avatar

I have a cough and a mild fever (had a cold too so it's probably that tbh) checked on NHS website and it's clear that there is no way the government can now how many people have the virus.

I work from home and I've decided to only leave the flat for things I need to do, had a little argument with the missus who thinks I'm being a bit extreme (she had a gig booked for friday ffs) but that's it for me, tomorrow I'm going to advise my dad to do the same but I doubt he'll accept the idea that he should avoid his grandchildren
I'm about to tell work I'm using up all my holidays so that I can stay at home and look after my children. My 73 year old asthmatic mother-in-law does our childcare for us and we think the best thing for her is to stay at home and keep the head down until the worst of this is over. So it's down to me to look after the children, my wife is a teacher though so once the schools close she'll take over and I'll return to work.

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

Coronavirus
« Mar 16, 2020 10:17:06 GMT via mobile »

barny Avatar

Thanks Barny.

They’ve stopped us at work getting people to sign for items as of Saturday and have told us to leave parcels on the doorstep then knock and stand back when they answer their door. I’m still handling thousands of items a day so surely that’s not good.
Was looking forward to being kept indoors for 2 weeks but seems the Italian postal service is still running daily so there’s no chance.
Just think of the amount of Jesus abyss albums I could have made in two weeks

Mr David
God

Mr David  Avatar

[send pm]

Coronavirus
« Mar 16, 2020 10:17:11 GMT »

my dad was more agreeable than I thought actually, convinced him the problem with grandkids and also going to mass, he's a bit worried he'll starve but well, we can sort something out if it comes to it.
the government is doing fuck all we have to take care of this ourselves as much as we can

1=20
bornslippy
God

bornslippy Avatar

[send pm]

Coronavirus
« Mar 16, 2020 11:05:33 GMT »

I have a friend who had two kids who were showing symptoms, took them to Wythenshawe hospital and they were isolated, the dad asked for a test and was declined, asked if the family should self isolate and was told it was up to him. The number of cases is WAAAAAAY higher than recorded...and therefore we can conclude there is a similar discrepancy in the death figure.

Had another friend of a friend who basically had the virus, well he was another one refused the test so have to take his word for it but symptoms matched exactly, so despite the 'official' figures saying less than 100 people in Greater Manchester it's likely to be well over 10,000. Like Barny said, this might mean it's less lethal than the 2% figure that's bandied about but still worrying.

All anyone can do is minimise their chances to get it (and therefore pass it on to someone vulnerable). Wash hands, work from home, the basic shit. Actually surprised how nervous it's made me.

SJ's comment at the beginning of the thread caught me by surprise and i thought he was being a bit of a drama queen but i'm on the same page now, probably a few pages ahead. This is awful tbh.

On the doorstep [Siouxsie] asks me whether right or left would be the best direction to find a taxi, and although her best bet would be left, I suggest she turns right. It is churlish of me, but it is she who has set the pace.
barny
God

barny Avatar

[send pm]

Coronavirus
« Mar 16, 2020 11:41:09 GMT »

Many people with no symptoms are carriers and spreading it too. Health system can (and probably will) collapse. People should be helping the health system as much as possible, sick ones should stay home even if they have symptoms (as long as they can deal with it). Many people are beating it just with paracetamol + confinement. Only urgent cases should go there.

People can't say goodbye to their deceased loved ones, no funerals, it's quite dramatic.

The economic impact of this will be bigger than anything we've ever seen, I can't even imagine how governments should deal with that part.

jimmy
God

jimmy Avatar

[send pm]

Coronavirus
« Mar 16, 2020 15:24:52 GMT via mobile »

Another 10 years of austerity on the cards

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

Coronavirus
« Mar 16, 2020 19:06:00 GMT »

mahoney Avatar
barny Avatar

Thanks Barny.

They’ve stopped us at work getting people to sign for items as of Saturday and have told us to leave parcels on the doorstep then knock and stand back when they answer their door. I’m still handling thousands of items a day so surely that’s not good.
Was looking forward to being kept indoors for 2 weeks but seems the Italian postal service is still running daily so there’s no chance.
Just think of the amount of Jesus abyss albums I could have made in two weeks
:-X :D :-X :D :-X :D :D :D :D

« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2020 19:06:26 GMT by Deleted » Back to Top  
Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

Coronavirus
« Mar 16, 2020 19:08:01 GMT »

Quick Reply