Author Topic: Knives (Read 257 times)
Moz
God

Moz Avatar

[send pm]

Knives
« May 20, 2021 20:33:01 GMT via mobile »

Bought a new kitchen knife recently and it's completely changed my life. Never experienced such sharpness.

Anyone got a favourite knife? A knife set? Bobothy is a chef isn't he? What should I be looking for in a knife?

Tapes need not reply etc.

Tuckerman
Administrator

Tuckerman Avatar

[send pm]

Knives
« May 21, 2021 6:45:23 GMT »

I desperately wanna get some good knives. My "set" at the minute is made up of different knives from different sets I've had over the years. A real mish-mash. Also want to invest in a knife sharpener.

Kind of unrelated, but I'll tell you what, you know you've reached true adulthood when you grow to really appreciate wooden spoons. For some reason, when we moved in, we didn't have a wooden spoon and boy did I miss if for stirring my sauces and gravy.

Columbia_rocks_man
God

Columbia_rocks_man Avatar

[send pm]

Knives
« May 21, 2021 8:09:16 GMT via mobile »

God this forum is so middle aged now.

Still, I’d rather talk about kitchen utensils than The Coral or Old Man Weller, thank you very much JP and Mahoney.

Mozz: Celebrity chef and famous suicide Anthony Bourdain did once observe that one high quality knife is all that a good cook needs

That and some ingredients presumably

shenandoah
God

shenandoah Avatar

[send pm]

Knives
« May 21, 2021 9:33:04 GMT »

Anthony Bourdain did once observe that one high quality knife is all that a good cook needs

Also being alive is one key strength of a good cook

something at which Bourdain has been severely lacking in the last couple of years

« Last Edit: May 21, 2021 9:33:30 GMT by shenandoah » Back to Top  
barny
God

barny Avatar

[send pm]

Knives
« May 21, 2021 9:59:21 GMT »

Yep, for a short span of time you could say he might actually be more a good meal than a good cook but now? Not even that

MaskedWrestler

member is online

MaskedWrestler Avatar

[send pm]

Knives
« May 21, 2021 12:38:27 GMT »

God this forum is so middle aged now.

Still, I’d rather talk about kitchen utensils than The Coral or Old Man Weller, thank you very much JP and Mahoney.

Mozz: Celebrity chef and famous suicide Anthony Bourdain did once observe that one high quality knife is all that a good cook needs

:D

mahoney
God

mahoney Avatar

[send pm]

Knives
« May 24, 2021 17:07:12 GMT »

Moz Avatar
Bought a new kitchen knife recently and it's completely changed my life. Never experienced such sharpness.

Anyone got a favourite knife? A knife set? Bobothy is a chef isn't he? What should I be looking for in a knife?

Tapes need not reply etc.
You think you can intimidate me with your knives Moz?!?

SPACE COWBOY
God

SPACE COWBOY Avatar

[send pm]

Knives
« May 24, 2021 18:06:45 GMT via mobile »

Bourdain was right. If you know how to wield it, one decent and sharp knife is all you need.

I've got two. Both German. One Zwilling Henckels and one WMF.

I went to catering college for 6 months when I was a young urchin with no prospects and they taught us the value of a good knife. Shame they didn't teach the values of respect and hard work as I got sacked from the hotel I was working at for telling the head chef to fuck off when he asked me to empty his bin.

Still, I now know how to chop the fuck out of an onion.

Quick Reply