Author Topic: What time do you wake up? (Read 227 times)
Tuckerman
Administrator

Tuckerman Avatar

[send pm]

What time do you wake up?
« Jul 6, 2021 10:14:05 GMT »

Last night I somehow ended up watching a ton (well, about 6) of videos on YouTube about why waking up early (around 04:30) is awesome and generally good for you and now I'm thinking about giving it a try.

I'm normally up somewhere between 05:30 - 06:30 because that's usually when one of my kids wakes up. And that's it, I'm thrown straight into the day which. Rarely does the day start peacefully because there's usually bickering and fighting the second I leave them alone together. In case you're wondering, I get up because my missus does backshift in her job. It's mostly from home but she doesn't finish until around 1am.

Anyway, yeah, as I was saying, I'm normally thrown into the day and it's quite stressful because I've barely had time to accept that it's a new day. I can't remember the last time I took a morning shit without one of my kids being stood in the doorway, demanding Weetabix or telling me to hurry up because they want to go watch TV.

So now I'm wondering if getting up early might actually be quite nice. If I got up at 04:30, it would give me probably at least a whole hour to myself, some days more. I could shit in peace, I could have make a cup of coffee without worrying about my son trying to murder his sisters because she's looking at the TV, and he doesn't want her to do that. I could drink that cup of coffee without interruption, perhaps even in the garden if the weather was permitting. I could take the dog out for a super-early walk down to the beach and probably catch the sunrise. It seems that there could be many benefits indeed. It would mean getting to bed for around 10pm, but most nights it's not actually much later than that.

What time does everyone here get up? Do you have a well regimented routing or anything?

MaskedWrestler

MaskedWrestler Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 6, 2021 12:21:39 GMT »

I'm up 06:45 every morning to shave, shit and shower.

Honestly, a few times I have gotten up earlier and it's done me a great deal of good! Gives me time to pack my work bag and get the little guys breakfast sorted before he's screaming for it etc. I have a new baby due in less than 2 months so my wake up time is going to start getting earlier and earlier. Well maybe I won't sleep again for a while. New baby's will fuck with your sleeeeeeeeeeeeeep. :(

« Last Edit: Jul 6, 2021 12:56:07 GMT by MaskedWrestler » Back to Top  
bakester
God

bakester Avatar

That's Tremendous

[send pm]

« Jul 6, 2021 13:01:12 GMT »

Covid work from home really changed me. I now only work 2 days a week in the office. Either way, I like to begin my work day @ 7:30 AM. When I need to be in the office I'm up at 6:20 AM which is plenty of time to ready as I only have a 20 minute drive as a commute.

On the work from home days, I still wake up at 6:20, but i get pissed because I really wish I could sleep in till 7:20, because, uh, I don't get fuck all done anyway in that time. Perhaps I should exercise or something.

When I wake up in my makeup. Have you ever felt so used up as this?
Benoît Assou-Ekotto
God

Benoît Assou-Ekotto Avatar

Slapped by a dwarf.

[send pm]

« Jul 6, 2021 13:14:32 GMT » -

Some days my dog wakes up at 5.15am. If so, I'll let her out, bribe her to come back in with food and then crash out with her on the sofa until 6.15am.

I'm generally out of the door for 6.30am with the dog. This is a glorious time of the day.

I walk the dog from 30 mins up and then, at the moment, I tend to do 30-45 minutes of exercise. I then have a powerful wrap containing two fried eggs (sunny side up), two pieces of bacon, bleu cheese and buffalo sauce. This a glorious breakfast.

I log on for work around 8.45-9am at the dining table from from a shower.

I pity people who tell me they don't get up till 8am. What a waste of life. I rarely see 10pm in the week. Mornings are much better.

[shadow=blue,left,300]Benoît Assou-Ekotto [/shadow]

"fuck it, i'll be back at the end of the footy season to collect my winnings off byram. can't be arsed with pricks any more." Orch 06/09/2011
Rollinice
God

Rollinice Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 6, 2021 14:40:43 GMT »

Around 6:30, I like to take a 2 mile walk to start my day.

Ageless and Timeless

mahoney
God

mahoney Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 6, 2021 15:12:55 GMT »

Alarm set for 6am but tend to be about by about 5:30

When I get home from work I tend to have a lay down for half hour/40 mins. Rarely actually sleep during that time, usually just switch off with something playing on youtube.

Columbia_rocks_man
God

Columbia_rocks_man Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 7, 2021 17:36:58 GMT via mobile »

Are you cunts seriously trying to tell me Karl is a literal postman and he’s not even the forum member who gets up earliest in the morning

krburg
God

krburg Avatar

Dorothy Was a Waitress

[send pm]

« Jul 7, 2021 17:47:32 GMT »

I'm appalled by how late Karl gets up! All these years of him refusing to come to the Windmill or to a gig on a Sunday or Monday because it's too late, and his alarm is set 10 minutes before mine!

Columbia_rocks_man
God

Columbia_rocks_man Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 7, 2021 17:50:35 GMT via mobile »

No wonder the Royal Mail got sold off, Kev. Cunts taking the piss for years.

jp
God

member is online

jp Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 7, 2021 22:57:43 GMT »

karl's late get up time is a huge shock for me too. my alarm is set a full 15 mins before his.

tucker, your first post resonated with me so much. i love my kids but no one really warns you beforehand just how much hard work they are and nowadays i want as much time away from them as possible. being catapulted into the day early doors when one decides to wake up is shit so yeah i've often toyed with the idea of getting up even earlier. trouble is they are shit at going to bed too so i want to stay up late in order to actually get a bit of evening so im knackered as it is in the morning. i currently get about 5 hours kip a night so getting up any earlier doesn't really feel like an option.

basically don't have kids guys!

shenandoah
God

shenandoah Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 8, 2021 8:22:59 GMT via mobile »

I am still very much a night person and if I could I would stay up until 4AM and wake up whenever. I used to do that in Italy, unless I had to take some foreign idiot to the notary and translate his jibber jabber. Also I'm used to have a late dinner (8:30-9:00 PM) which doesn't go too well early sleep.

But now that I'm in Holland and I have an office job, I am expected to log in on my computer at 9:00. So I usually wake up at 7:20. It takes less than 10 minutes to get to the office by bike so I have plenty of time to get ready.

Benoît Assou-Ekotto
God

Slapped by a dwarf.

[send pm]

« Jul 8, 2021 9:00:30 GMT »

Karl's home from work by 1pm most days as well. I think the earliest I have seen him waltz by is half 11. Crazy job!

He doesn't seem to ride down my road anymore so I cannot add anymore details to the dossier we keep :(

« Last Edit: Jul 8, 2021 9:00:42 GMT by Benoît Assou-Ekotto » Back to Top  

[shadow=blue,left,300]Benoît Assou-Ekotto [/shadow]

"fuck it, i'll be back at the end of the footy season to collect my winnings off byram. can't be arsed with pricks any more." Orch 06/09/2011
MaskedWrestler

MaskedWrestler Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 8, 2021 11:17:51 GMT »

jp Avatar
karl's late get up time is a huge shock for me too. my alarm is set a full 15 mins before his.

tucker, your first post resonated with me so much. i love my kids but no one really warns you beforehand just how much hard work they are and nowadays i want as much time away from them as possible. being catapulted into the day early doors when one decides to wake up is shit so yeah i've often toyed with the idea of getting up even earlier. trouble is they are shit at going to bed too so i want to stay up late in order to actually get a bit of evening so im knackered as it is in the morning. i currently get about 5 hours kip a night so getting up any earlier doesn't really feel like an option.

How many do you have? And what ages are we talking? 

mahoney
God

mahoney Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 8, 2021 14:33:54 GMT »

Karl's home from work by 1pm most days as well. I think the earliest I have seen him waltz by is half 11. Crazy job!

He doesn't seem to ride down my road anymore so I cannot add anymore details to the dossier we keep :(

Could be end of an era. Was off last week/training someone this week so not been down your road. Should be back from Saturday so keep your eyes peeled! Tho I think we will be returning to shared vans in a few weeks so it'll probably be the end of an era. Maybe I'll just surprise you once every few months like I'm Stone Cold Steve Austin. 

MaskedWrestler

MaskedWrestler Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 8, 2021 14:37:18 GMT »

Hi KARL

Attachments:

mahoney
God

mahoney Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 8, 2021 14:38:54 GMT »

EWWWW

jp
God

member is online

jp Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 8, 2021 16:02:18 GMT via mobile »

MaskedWrestler Avatar
jp Avatar

A two year old and a five year old. Two-year old is shit at going to sleep and often doesn't give in til after 9pm. Five year old likes to wake up early. Needy shits.

MaskedWrestler

MaskedWrestler Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 8, 2021 16:04:31 GMT »

She's from Newfoundland Karl. Sorry that we had to put her in the world :(

I hate how people call her DAME here. FUCK HER

Thanks,

Tuckerman
Administrator

Tuckerman Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 8, 2021 16:11:54 GMT via mobile »

jp Avatar
MaskedWrestler Avatar
A two year old and a five year old. Two-year old is shit at going to sleep and often doesn't give in til after 9pm. Five year old likes to wake up early. Needy shits.

I'm not too dissimilar to you. Mine are 3 and 6. 3 year old doesn't stay in his own bed for more than 3 or 4 hours a nights. Some nights we don't even wake up when he climbs in with us. I'll just wake up with a foot in my face or with him laying on my head. 6 year old is much better. Even goes to bed on her own some nights to read the little need, but, she does like to be up early as fuck.

Do yours fight much, JP?

jp
God

member is online

jp Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 8, 2021 16:18:49 GMT via mobile »

Just started to scrap a bit. Mostly due to the two year old wrecking whatever my eldest is playing with.

BTW tucks, if you need another mod to keep an eye on things to avoid another repeat of today all you need to do is ask 😉

Quick Reply