Author Topic: Rate your current mood (Read 146,275 times)
MaskedWrestler

MaskedWrestler Avatar

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Jun 10, 2021 13:28:13 GMT »

Nice! I only started a new job in November so now I am only back to 2 weeks of vacation for a few years :( I'll have to wait and use it when the baby comes in August. The government in the past few years has now allowed the second parent (normally the father) to take an additional five weeks leave when the baby is born. Only problem is your employer puts you leave and you gotta get paid out by the government for those weeks and it ain't much coin.

After typing that out I am now about a 3/10

forever
God

forever Avatar

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Jun 10, 2021 13:43:31 GMT »

lol @ North American workplace entitlements

MaskedWrestler

MaskedWrestler Avatar

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Jun 10, 2021 14:04:29 GMT »

Zip it kilty

Columbia_rocks_man
God

Columbia_rocks_man Avatar

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Jun 10, 2021 15:41:35 GMT via mobile »

Two weeks a year? Fuck that. Move to a civilised continent.

MaskedWrestler

MaskedWrestler Avatar

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Jun 10, 2021 15:51:00 GMT »

Yeah, I was getting four at my last job but new hires pretty much everywhere start at 2 weeks vacation. It sucks but it is the norm :(

« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2021 15:51:10 GMT by MaskedWrestler » Back to Top  
Tuckerman
Administrator

Tuckerman Avatar

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Jun 10, 2021 17:24:48 GMT via mobile »

That's horrendous tbh. I get something ridiculous like 28 days + bank holidays.

srk
God

srk Avatar

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Jun 10, 2021 17:55:24 GMT »

Yeah, we're pretty bad, but (a bit) better than the americans. I get 5 weeks + 2 personal days + statutory holidays, but then i've been working in the same place for 18 years.

mahoney
God

mahoney Avatar

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Jun 10, 2021 22:57:42 GMT via mobile »

Hi SRK, could you explain the concept of a personal day to me please?

2 weeks is outrageous. I’d mock you North American’s but I know whatever you have we’ll end up with eventually.

srk
God

srk Avatar

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Jun 11, 2021 2:38:46 GMT via mobile »

It’s basically a vacation day by another name. Never quite understood what the difference was, but we get two a year that you have to use within that fiscal year or you lose it. Vacation days can be rolled over into the next year. So I’ve got something like 8 or 9 weeks, since I used fuck all last year since we couldn’t go anywhere anyway.

(Fakeedit: union power!)

« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2021 2:42:09 GMT by srk » Back to Top  
mahoney
God

mahoney Avatar

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Jun 11, 2021 5:09:23 GMT via mobile »

Ah ok. Tuckerman used his two personal days from the forum this week

Tuckerman
Administrator

Tuckerman Avatar

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Jun 11, 2021 7:04:28 GMT »

:-X

MaskedWrestler

MaskedWrestler Avatar

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Jun 11, 2021 12:15:30 GMT »

mahoney Avatar
:-X

I get 3 personal days - as SRK stated you either use them or lose them.. most people call them mental health days. 

Should mention we also close down for almost 2 weeks Christmas time. So yeah, praise Jesus.

Thanks.

mahoney
God

mahoney Avatar

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Jun 11, 2021 14:45:22 GMT »

OK, then you probably get near enough what most Brits get in terms of total days anyway, just you have to take 2 at Christmas.

Next year I'll be getting an extra weeks leave, very exciting.

Columbia_rocks_man
God

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Jun 11, 2021 17:16:00 GMT via mobile »

Trade unions are a good thing. If more Septics realised that instead of wanking over firearms, they would be able to take more days holiday. I’m surprised it’s as bad in Canada. I thought the moose fuckers were a bit more European in their outlook.

Columbia_rocks_man
God

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Jun 11, 2021 17:16:51 GMT via mobile »

mahoney Avatar

:D :D :D :D

MaskedWrestler

MaskedWrestler Avatar

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Jun 11, 2021 17:40:46 GMT »

Trade unions are a good thing. If more Septics realised that instead of wanking over firearms, they would be able to take more days holiday. I’m surprised it’s as bad in Canada. I thought the moose fuckers were a bit more European in their outlook.
Mattes what sector you work in Canada. If you get a public sector job working in government (as in SRK) you're set - holidays, great pension, room to grow etc. I believe most jobs are linked with unions so if you got them on your side, they are fighting for you. I work in the private sector where it's a free-for-all and these companies will only try and give the basics to you. 

Public sector jobs are hard to come by here - as stated above economy is shit and it looks like they actually want to try and cut jobs. I guess I should just move  :|

shenandoah
God

shenandoah Avatar

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Jun 11, 2021 17:59:28 GMT »

In Italy too - if you're lucky enough to score a public job, you're set for life. You get double of what the other workers get and only have to work half as hard. Public administration is also the only sector that won't go bankrupt and won't sack you unless you do something awful.
Public jobs are so sought after here, they are mostly assigned by competitive exams where hundreds of thousands of people compete for a handful of slots available, most of which are already decided by corrupt officials in exchange of economical or political favours.

SPACE COWBOY
God

SPACE COWBOY Avatar

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Jun 11, 2021 20:42:29 GMT via mobile »

We're ludicrously well looked after in Luxembourg. I get 35 days + 12 bank holidays + 1 day for having worked for 25 years (in any European country).

In terms of current mood. Pretty bloody good. Got my EU Covid Travel Where The Fuck You Want Certificate Today. From 1st July I can move around the Schengen region at will with no quarantining anywhere. On the other hand it just makes me extra fucked off by Brexit.

Otherwise- new house is great. Weather is great. Work is alright. Puppy is progressing amazingly.

A smug 9/10

Tuckerman
Administrator

Tuckerman Avatar

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Jun 12, 2021 12:27:28 GMT via mobile »

About 5/10. Mate came round last night to watch the footy and I ended up drinking a bit too much. Not in terms of volume but I had about 7 cans (330ml ones) and a couple of double measures of bourbon. Then to end the night, I had a cherry and chocolate stout which game in at a whopping 11%. Didn't get to sleep til 1am and was up at 5.30am. I don't feel that hungover but the lack of sleep is taking its toll a bit. Worst part is my son has a nap at 10:30am and I chose not to sleep for a bit while he was asleep. Anyway, my missus is back today so I'll get to have a bit of a lie in tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, I'm looking forward to it. Me and my pal have split the cost of hiring a bouncy castle for the day. Gonna take the kids round so they can all (my mates got a kid my sons age) so they can bounce the day away while we BBQ some meat, drink some beer and watch England probably lose. Should be a most pleasant day.

Quick Reply