Author Topic: Rate your current mood (Read 162,604 times)
tucker
Administrator

tucker Avatar

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Sept 19, 2022 17:09:40 GMT via mobile »

4th interview secured with the VP of Customer Experience. I'll be absolutely gutted to get this far and not get it. For now, pretty happy, 8/10.

Giz_A_Hug
God

Giz_A_Hug Avatar

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Sept 19, 2022 17:52:20 GMT »

Jesus four interviews.

That is wild.

tucker
Administrator

tucker Avatar

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Sept 19, 2022 18:35:41 GMT via mobile »

Yeah, I'm kinda hoping that maybe this 4th one is a bit of a formality, and they're ready to make an offer, but don't wanna get ahead of myself, and really, who the fuck knows. I keep on progressing through the stages so just taking that as a positive for now.

Benoît Assou-Ekotto
God

Benoît Assou-Ekotto Avatar

Slapped by a dwarf.

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Sept 19, 2022 19:48:55 GMT via mobile »

Nice one, Tux. You’ve done yourself and your family proud.

I would assume they will conclude the 4th with the job offer. Four interviews is fucking stupid. How big are this company, Tux? Are we talking FTSE 100 here? If it’s some regional level company then they are taking it way to seriously. Four interviews? Deary me. The games gone, hasn’t it?

I was offered the role I interviewed for on Friday and they didn’t stiff me on the monies. Fuck yeah! Had a burst pipe in the evening under the bath and had water leaking through the ceiling and the boiler buzzing. Was briefly like being in the trenches, man. Thought it was going to be a really big problem but looks like we’re going to have to pay a couple of hundred quid which is a huge relief.

7/10

[shadow=blue,left,300]Benoît Assou-Ekotto [/shadow]

"fuck it, i'll be back at the end of the footy season to collect my winnings off byram. can't be arsed with pricks any more." Orch 06/09/2011
Benoît Assou-Ekotto
God

Slapped by a dwarf.

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Sept 19, 2022 19:52:01 GMT via mobile »

Why were they interviewing on a Bank Holiday as well?

Sound like a shady bunch.

"fuck it, i'll be back at the end of the footy season to collect my winnings off byram. can't be arsed with pricks any more." Orch 06/09/2011
tucker
Administrator

tucker Avatar

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Sept 19, 2022 20:03:49 GMT via mobile »

I chose the date last week. Wanted to get it on the books and done asap, and tbf, 2 of the 3 I spoke to today were American

Benoît Assou-Ekotto
God

Slapped by a dwarf.

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Sept 20, 2022 8:59:17 GMT »

Tux, I'm a little worried that they're going to now think you're a nihilist given your lack of interest in the Bank Holiday, family time and the Queen's death. Although tbf you might fit in well with their 4 fucking interviews methodology.

I think you need to play it safe though and counter balance this by showing your softer side. I STRONGLY suggest you wear a Hawaiian shirt to your final interview with at least three buttons undone. Refer to the interviewer as 'buddy' at all times. Americans love this shit and I'm almost certain it will lead to a job offer being made on the spot.

tucker
Administrator

tucker Avatar

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Sept 20, 2022 12:30:42 GMT via mobile »

I'll have to have a rummage see if I can dig out a Hawaiian shirt. It's been at least 10 years since I last had one on.

Anyway, interview is set for tomorrow at 11:30 so glad there isn't too long of a wait.

Benoît Assou-Ekotto
God

Slapped by a dwarf.

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Sept 21, 2022 8:59:57 GMT via mobile »

Give them hell.

« Last Edit: Sept 21, 2022 9:00:20 GMT by Benoît Assou-Ekotto » Back to Top  

Giz_A_Hug
God

Giz_A_Hug Avatar

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Sept 21, 2022 11:30:14 GMT »

How did it go Tucks? Only 1230 so I guess you're still in the office with your little sweaty pits right now.

KEEP US POSTED

Benoît Assou-Ekotto
God

Slapped by a dwarf.

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Sept 21, 2022 12:54:23 GMT via mobile »

Yeah. C’MON TUX! Let us know what happened with these freaks.

tucker
Administrator

tucker Avatar

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Sept 21, 2022 14:47:02 GMT »

Well, it's all been a bit of a shambles...

Their Recruitment Team reached out to me, asked if we could re-schedule to later in the today. I told them it wasn't a problem and that I'd be free at 16:00. All good. They told me just to use the original Google Hangouts link and join at 16:00. THEN, I get an email at 15:20 saying that the guy I'm meant to be speaking to is waiting, and can I still make it? I reply saying I them I wasn't free until 16:00 and now the whole thing has to be re-arranged. Seem like a bunch of cowboys, at least on the recruitment side.

Giz_A_Hug
God

Giz_A_Hug Avatar

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Sept 21, 2022 15:49:25 GMT »

Seems like a shit show.

Tell em to buck up or you're not riding that horse Tucks.

Benoît Assou-Ekotto
God

Slapped by a dwarf.

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Sept 21, 2022 18:37:20 GMT »

What kind of company is this, Tux? We've all agreed four interviews is a ridiculous concept but we all jump through silly hoops to secure the 'bag'. I get it. If they haven't got the admin to back up this chaotic approach then I fear the worst and we have a start up who is trying to hard. Say its not true!

If so, you may have to tell them to shove their job up their collective 'ass'. You haven't given your notice in yet. Time is drifting whilst they stroke their chins and think they are oh so smart for going to the Nth degree to get someone new in. I've been on interview panels and I've seen the good, the bad and the ugly. You know within 90 seconds as to whether they will fit or not. What chance have you got with their products if they cannot put together a quick and efficient interview system?

If there isn't a job offer in the eventual forth interview then it is time to rip off the Hawaiian shirt and dish out the crotch chops. Maybe you should unviel a t-shirt stating 'FUCK THE BAG'.

Anyway, in other news, we're looking after a friends fat pug for the next week. Is there a worse and more unnecessary breed of dog?

A few reasons why I do not like it:

1. It’s fat. Walking it is like dragging a bag of sand around.
2. It’s stupid. A one dimensional thinker. Roxy, our beagle, is so much more complex and thoughtful.
3. It smells.
4. It has one expression. I don’t know what it’s thinking. Always the same bewildered look on its face.
5. It is even more greedy than Roxy who is very greedy.
6. It shits too much.
7. It barks at the TV when adverts come on. I mean, WTF?

I could go on and on and on.

5/10

mahoney
God

mahoney Avatar

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Sept 21, 2022 21:07:14 GMT via mobile »

Let me come around and wrestle it. Fat little cunt

tucker
Administrator

tucker Avatar

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Sept 22, 2022 14:22:13 GMT »

Interview now scheduled for Tuesday at 09:45. Not the way I wanted it to go - was hoping to be celebrating a job offer by the end of the week but never mind.

tucker
Administrator

tucker Avatar

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Sept 22, 2022 14:22:25 GMT »

mahoney Avatar
Let me come around and wrestle it. Fat little cunt

:-X

Benoît Assou-Ekotto
God

Slapped by a dwarf.

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Sept 27, 2022 10:00:47 GMT »

tucker Avatar
Interview now scheduled for Tuesday at 09:45. Not the way I wanted it to go - was hoping to be celebrating a job offer by the end of the week but never mind.

How did it go, big man? Did they offer you the role? Was there another admin cock up? We need answers!

tucker
Administrator

tucker Avatar

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Sept 27, 2022 10:10:37 GMT via mobile »

Went well I think. The guy seemed a good dude, nice easy going chat with him. He explicitly said "you wouldn't be at this point if we weren't very interested in you. I've heard great things" and at the end of the discussion that "if the stars align, I'd be very happy to welcome you to our team". Maybe that all means nothing at all, but it's out of my hands now. Will need to wait to here back from the recruiter.

Benoît Assou-Ekotto
God

Slapped by a dwarf.

[send pm]

Rate your current mood
« Sept 27, 2022 10:35:15 GMT »

I don't wanna pour scorn on your exciting new opportunity or your performance or even the guy who interviewed you, as this seems to be the norm these days, but what a load of bollox, eh? Four fucking interviews to end that cryptically? What stars? You're four interviews into the process. Realistically they know you're desperate for a resolution at this point and to secure the pay rise for your family's wellbeing. They should be confident and brave enough to move. Load of bollox. Games gone. I hope a bird shits on his head.

All the best though.

Quick Reply