Author Topic: Dig Out Your Soul (Read 384 times)
srk
God

srk Avatar

[send pm]

Dig Out Your Soul
« Jun 3, 2021 18:26:21 GMT »

You asked for it

3 - The turning is the best noel written/liam sung song since go let it out
4 - The shock of the lightning is...fine. Not exactly some might say in terms of lead single, though.
5 - I'm outta time...I usually either love or hate this, depending on my mood.
6 - High horse lady - why wasn't this a b-side instead of that song liam had on the bonus disc whose name is escaping me now.
7 - Falling down. Noel should have gone a bit more in this direction for his first solo album instead of the trad-oasis stuff he put out.
8 - To be where there's life. The remix should have been the album version.
9 - Ain't got nothing. If nothing else, the bar fight that Liam wrote this song about led me to seeing them in ireland in 2003. That's...nice? Shittier version of meaning of soul
10 - The nature of reality is the worst song on an oasis album. Just absolute shit.
11 - Soldier on. If the story about the coral finding this song on a hard drive at wheeler end and telling Noel to put it on the album is true, that makes me question everything I thought about the coral. It's...boring.

At the time, when i first heard this, I thought it was their best album since definitely maybe (©N. Gallagher every album since definitely maybe), based mainly on side one. It's...certainly not that, but side 1 is still fab.

Columbia_rocks_man
God

Columbia_rocks_man Avatar

[send pm]

Dig Out Your Soul
« Jun 5, 2021 8:44:06 GMT via mobile »

Rollinice Avatar
Also, fucked up that they never played Bag it Up or the Turning live.

Fools.

Two genuinely massive tunes.

Takes the chummy cheesiness of Dont Believe the Truth and throws it right out the window

Columbia_rocks_man
God

[send pm]

Dig Out Your Soul
« Jun 5, 2021 8:47:07 GMT via mobile »

srk Avatar

9 - Ain't got nothing. If nothing else, the bar fight that Liam wrote this song about led me to seeing them in ireland in 2003. That's...nice? .

OUT ON BAIL
TO UNVEIL
HERE’S A SONG
SING ALONG

Paul Weller wishes he’d written something so powerful

tucker
Administrator

tucker Avatar

[send pm]

Dig Out Your Soul
« Jun 5, 2021 15:37:50 GMT via mobile »

srk Avatar
9 - Ain't got nothing. If nothing else, the bar fight that Liam wrote this song about led me to seeing them in ireland in 2003. That's...nice? .
OUT ON BAIL
TO UNVEIL
HERE’S A SONG
SING ALONG

Paul Weller wishes he’d written something so powerful

I heard that this song is solely responsible for him looking like that old woman who rides the mobility scooter in the hi ITV comedy Benidorm. So much power his face started to melt.

Rollinice
God

Rollinice Avatar

[send pm]

Dig Out Your Soul
« Jun 5, 2021 18:52:42 GMT »

That and his tanning routine, dear god.

Ageless and Timeless

Quick Reply