Author Topic: Music Concert DVD's (Read 283 times)
eddiemurphy
God

eddiemurphy Avatar

[send pm]

Music Concert DVD's
« Nov 30, 2021 16:17:35 GMT »

just ordered brian wilson - pet sounds live. :)

the cover is a bit camera phone quality.

might get odyssey & oracle - the zombies (40th anniversary concert) in the next few weeks. :-/

Giz_A_Hug
God

Giz_A_Hug Avatar

[send pm]

Music Concert DVD's
« Nov 30, 2021 16:22:15 GMT »

Nice Muprhs.

I haven't bought a concert DVD in ages. I think the last one I got was Oasis - Lord Don't Slow Me Down.

Giz_A_Hug
God

Giz_A_Hug Avatar

[send pm]

Music Concert DVD's
« Nov 30, 2021 16:24:19 GMT »

The film features a new Oasis song also called "Lord Don't Slow Me Down", written by Noel Gallagher and recorded during the Don't Believe the Truth sessions, Gallagher described it as being "one of the best things, like The Who, The Yardbirds and the Jeff Beck Group combined, and it's got two drum solos on it!". He has also said that his girlfriend thought it was the only Oasis song you could dance to
:-X

mahoney
God

mahoney Avatar

[send pm]

Music Concert DVD's
« Nov 30, 2021 17:54:05 GMT »

I will say, concert DVD's have kinda been forgotten with streaming services. Not that I'd buy any now, but there's a lot of good stuff that was released in the 90s/2000s that will probably end up being lost.

eddiemurphy
God

eddiemurphy Avatar

[send pm]

Music Concert DVD's
« Nov 30, 2021 18:29:33 GMT »

oh course u got the qello streaming app.

never subbed that one.

another streamer that probably pays pennies to the artist. :D

srk
God

srk Avatar

[send pm]

Music Concert DVD's
« Dec 1, 2021 15:37:43 GMT via mobile »

Giz_A_Hug Avatar

The film features a new Oasis song also called "Lord Don't Slow Me Down", written by Noel Gallagher and recorded during the Don't Believe the Truth sessions, Gallagher described it as being "one of the best things, like The Who, The Yardbirds and the Jeff Beck Group combined, and it's got two drum solos on it!". He has also said that his girlfriend thought it was the only Oasis song you could dance to
:-X

I saw noel and gem in Toronto on their acoustic tour promoting stop the clocks, and they played that tour movie before the show. For whatever reason I was sat right beside the soundboard where Marcus Russell was standing and talked to him for a few minutes beforehand. He told me there was a great new song playing over the end credits, so I sat there while everyone else went to get a beer.

I have my regrets.

eddiemurphy
God

eddiemurphy Avatar

[send pm]

Music Concert DVD's
« Apr 10, 2022 14:07:49 GMT »

eddiemurphy Avatar

might get odyssey & oracle - the zombies (40th anniversary concert) in the next few weeks. :-/

picked this up on ebay last week.

£6.45 was a good price. ;)

mahoney
God

mahoney Avatar

[send pm]

Music Concert DVD's
« Apr 10, 2022 20:12:35 GMT »

I dug out my DVD's over Christmas & found a Isle of Wight festival 2004 DVD that I must have got from the poundshop at some point. Contained performances from ex soapbox favourites such as The Stands, Electric Soft Parade, Delays, 22-20's, British Sea Power & PROUD MARY. A nice little time capsule.

Columbia_rocks_man
God

Columbia_rocks_man Avatar

[send pm]

Music Concert DVD's
« Apr 11, 2022 15:20:11 GMT via mobile »

Threads on CDs, DVDs and rave reviews of Peter Hook shows. You could be forgiven for thinking the average age of Soapbox members was about 65.

titchjuicy
God

titchjuicy Avatar

[send pm]

Music Concert DVD's
« Apr 24, 2022 11:59:33 GMT via mobile »

Can recommend this.

Part concert footage, part strolling around DC passing social commentary and such was the wit and intelligence of the man, almost part political stand up comedy.

All essential, for fans and newcomers.

m.imdb.com/title/tt0083657/