Author Topic: upcoming gigs (Read 17,613 times)
titchjuicy
God

member is online

titchjuicy Avatar

[send pm]

upcoming gigs
« Jun 4, 2022 10:01:51 GMT via mobile » -

Much better last night. They put some extra water points in and the bar queues were manageable. It used to be that you were nervous smuggling drugs into a festival but last night i managed to get 3 water bottles past the security. Titchjuicy 1 The Man 0.

Utter craziness that they won't let you bring more than one small bottle.

Anyway- Weyes Blood was sublime. And she covered Air That I Breathe by The Hollies, which was one of my Dad's favourite songs- so it all got a bit emotional.

Fontaines DC- while I can take or leave them on record, credit where it's due- they owned the main stage. Had a massive crowd too for an evening set.

Highlight was Little Simz though. Not on main stage but on one of the bigger other stages. She blew the lid off the place. Crowd went nuts for her too. She has it all as a live performer- massive charisma, wore a huge smile the whole time and the crowd really fed off that (actually they fed off eachother), and just so much skill as an MC. One more decent album and she'll be headlining Glastonbury.

Left pretty early cos there was nothing late I was itching to see.

The vibe was just so much better though.

Tonight's menu looks something like...

Jenny Hval
Mavis Staples
Black Country New Road
Nick Cave
Gorillaz
Tyler The Creator

« Last Edit: Jun 4, 2022 11:30:28 GMT by titchjuicy » Back to Top  
barny
God

barny Avatar

[send pm]

upcoming gigs
« Jun 4, 2022 11:27:19 GMT »

Fantastic, looking forward to your review

srk
God

srk Avatar

[send pm]

upcoming gigs
« Jun 4, 2022 14:10:10 GMT via mobile »

I’ve had tickets to see Mavis staples twice, and was unable to go on both occasions (once because my daughter was born the day before the show, the other due to COVID). Hope she’s as great as they say.