Author Topic: Rate/review the last TV show you watched (Read 6,620 times)
Benoît Assou-Ekotto
God

Benoît Assou-Ekotto Avatar

Slapped by a dwarf.

[send pm]

Rate/review the last TV show you watched
« Oct 17, 2021 18:27:14 GMT via mobile »

bakester Avatar
bakester Avatar
Yeah Heels looks great. I'll try to get it watched.
I watched the pilot from AppleTV+'s Showtime plugin (they give 1 free episode) and I didn't care for for it, tucker. Does it get better? I guess it has to explain wrestling to viewers but that makes me cringe a bit. I dunno.

On the topic of AppleTV+, the only other shows I've checked out are Ted Lasso which was fine. ( 6/10 ( Jason Sedakis is difficult for me to like ) ) and Mythic Quest which I enjoyed. ( 7/10 ).

Anything I'm missing from AppleTV+? I think I'm canceling that subscription.

The Morning Show despite its flaws is great.

They have just released a show called Acapulco which is stupid but okay viewing. There is not much on there though.

[shadow=blue,left,300]Benoît Assou-Ekotto [/shadow]

"fuck it, i'll be back at the end of the footy season to collect my winnings off byram. can't be arsed with pricks any more." Orch 06/09/2011
tucker
Administrator

tucker Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 18, 2021 15:31:42 GMT »

bakester Avatar
bakester Avatar
Yeah Heels looks great. I'll try to get it watched.
I watched the pilot from AppleTV+'s Showtime plugin (they give 1 free episode) and I didn't care for for it, tucker. Does it get better? I guess it has to explain wrestling to viewers but that makes me cringe a bit. I dunno.

On the topic of AppleTV+, the only other shows I've checked out are Ted Lasso which was fine. ( 6/10 ( Jason Sedakis is difficult for me to like ) ) and Mythic Quest which I enjoyed. ( 7/10 ).

I really loved Heels, and yeah, I'd say it gets better. It's certainly not without its flaws but I can see beyond them mostly.

tucker
Administrator

tucker Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 18, 2021 15:33:17 GMT »

bakester Avatar

The Morning Show despite its flaws is great.

They have just released a show called Acapulco which is stupid but okay viewing. There is not much on there though.

I just started watching The Morning Show with my missus. Went in with zero expectations and am actually really enjoying it.

And AppleTV+ , or whatever it's called, certainly seems a bit rubbish compared to Netflix or even Amazon Prime.

Benoît Assou-Ekotto
God

Slapped by a dwarf.

[send pm]

« Oct 19, 2021 7:30:09 GMT »

It is a bit too on the nose with the #MeToo narrative but I really liked it. Reese Witherspoon is a right naughty little cunt, isn't she? She always delivers. I suspect that opinion means I'm old and white but gotta give her props.

[shadow=blue,left,300]Benoît Assou-Ekotto [/shadow]

"fuck it, i'll be back at the end of the footy season to collect my winnings off byram. can't be arsed with pricks any more." Orch 06/09/2011
MaskedWrestler
God

MaskedWrestler Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 19, 2021 11:34:03 GMT »

Only Murders in the Building

Starring: Steve Martin, Martin Short & Selena Gomez

I'm a big Steve Martin fan so I ended up paying for Disney+ so I could watch this! Really good show with humor/dark comedy/plot twists etc.... I would highly recommended it. Selena Gomez actually does a pretty good job of bumping off of these comedy greats so I didn't even find her out of place.

8.8/10

*The show is still actually on-going they release a new ep every Tuesday --- so I am waiting for the conclusion of series one*

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Only_Murders_in_the_Building

MaskedWrestler
God

MaskedWrestler Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 20, 2021 12:23:06 GMT »

MaskedWrestler Avatar
Only Murders in the Building

Starring: Steve Martin, Martin Short & Selena Gomez

I'm a big Steve Martin fan so I ended up paying for Disney+ so I could watch this! Really good show with humor/dark comedy/plot twists etc.... I would highly recommended it. Selena Gomez actually does a pretty good job of bumping off of these comedy greats so I didn't even find her out of place.

8.8/10

*The show is still actually on-going they release a new ep every Tuesday --- so I am waiting for the conclusion of series one*

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Only_Murders_in_the_Building

Well, I didn't know that last night it was finale of series one and it was pretty darn good! Set up next season very well.

Steve Martin and Martin Short are hilarious together.

bakester
God

bakester Avatar

That's Tremendous

[send pm]

« Oct 24, 2021 17:53:18 GMT »

It is a bit too on the nose with the #MeToo narrative but I really liked it. Reese Witherspoon is a right naughty little cunt, isn't she? She always delivers. I suspect that opinion means I'm old and white but gotta give her props.

I'm in the back half of season 2 after you gentlemen talking about it. lol just realizing now after S02E06 I will have to wait to watch more as they are releasing episodes weekly and S02 isn't finished. It is fine. I think Jennifer Aniston is miscast as Alex. It is a heavy role exuding a lot of anger and I don't think she pulls it off. Reese does well and I always enjoy Mark Duplass. ( 6 / 10 )

When I wake up in my makeup. Have you ever felt so used up as this?
welshylad
God

welshylad Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 11, 2021 15:25:37 GMT »

At the minute I'm watching

Invasion - Very slow alien invasion series. When the action happens its class, but its happened twice in 5 episodes :D
American Horror Story - Didn't realize this had started and finished so catching up. Quite enjoying it so far, its a double feature this season Vampires/Aliens
Squid Game - Enjoying this alot more than I thought i would. Everyone I know has given up with it, the said the dubbing is shit.. I was like are you fucking joking? Watch it in Korean with subtitles you muppets...... Fucking dubbed