Author Topic: BE HERE NOW REISSUE (Read 2,336 times)
barny
God

barny Avatar

[send pm]

BE HERE NOW REISSUE
« Jul 22, 2016 7:27:22 GMT »

www.nme.com/news/oasis/95182

Mustique demos? "If we shadows"?

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

BE HERE NOW REISSUE
« Jul 22, 2016 7:38:04 GMT via mobile »

I never knew be here now came out in 1991.

Tuckerman
God

Tuckerman Avatar

[send pm]

BE HERE NOW REISSUE
« Jul 22, 2016 10:21:53 GMT »

Loved this YouTube comment from the D'You Know What I Mean video in the link:

"Be Here Now is a great album, powerful, epic and heavy, like a tank advancing ready to destroy everything"

You're damn right, Andrea Tazzini.

Check oot ma tunes, ey?
soundcloud.com/tommytuckerman
barny
God

barny Avatar

[send pm]

BE HERE NOW REISSUE
« Jul 22, 2016 10:23:23 GMT »

LIKE INDIANA JONES

srk
God

srk Avatar

[send pm]

BE HERE NOW REISSUE
« Jul 22, 2016 12:57:33 GMT »

That "rethink" of d'you know what I mean? replaced the 1000 guitar onslaught with...strings. FUCK OFF, NOEL.

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

BE HERE NOW REISSUE
« Jul 22, 2016 19:27:53 GMT »

"I’ve tried to redo the whole album. I went into the studio and after about two days I was like, ‘this is missing the point, the album is supposed to be this fucking mental’," Noel Gallagher explained.

"I went back to a couple of things I’d edited and though ‘nah, they sound fucking shit, they sound better when there’s no singing before three minutes’ [puts head back, inhales deeply through nose] so, y’know, you’re kind of digesting the cocaine before the singing starts. It is to be accompanied with a crate of beer and a bag of fucking charlie, and don’t be making any plans for the next couple of days. That’s the spirit in which it was intended. And if you listen to it in that spirit, it might be the greatest album of all time."

He's finally got his shit together after years of slating it.

'Stand By Me' (Live At Bonehead’s Outtake)

OMG

« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2016 19:30:17 GMT by Deleted » Back to Top  
barny
God

barny Avatar

[send pm]

BE HERE NOW REISSUE
« Jul 22, 2016 19:53:19 GMT »

I fuckin' love this album

barny
God

barny Avatar

[send pm]

BE HERE NOW REISSUE
« Jul 22, 2016 20:14:54 GMT »

This bit about Travis :-X

ravis were supporting. I remember we knew Travis and liked them, but had never seen them live before. We turned up at the side of the stage, and they were the first band we’d ever seen do that embarrassing group huddle before they went on. We were looking at each other like, 'What they fucking doing?’. I said to [Travis bassist] Dougie, ‘What were you doing over there?’ And they were like, ‘Ah it’s, y’know, a group thing that we do before we go on’, And we were like ‘WHY? Like a pep talk, like a fucking team talk? You fucking squares. If we’d ever done that it would’ve just been like… ‘Where did you get those shoes from?’. And then: ‘What the fuck’s it got to do with you?’ The gig wouldn’t have happened."

Plus

"…that tour and the whole experience of making that record was the most enjoyable experience I’ve ever had in the music business, because we didn’t give a fuck. We started the tour as the biggest band in the world and finished it outside the Champions League spots. We’d blown it somehow, but it was brilliant. I’ll never forget it."
Read more at www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/noel-gallagher-on-be-here-now#V6J6Oq5D14cyzRVH.99

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

BE HERE NOW REISSUE
« Jul 22, 2016 21:29:57 GMT »

barny Avatar
Jul 22,2016 20:53:19 GMT 1 barny said:

I fuckin' love this album

In an age where it's seemingly cool to dislike Oasis, I fuckin' love this band

Oh and the remix is mega even though the strings are top heavy. Interesting seeing the tracklisting for the Mustique demos - My Sister Lover is penned in at 3 whereas the rest follows suit. Was that and Stay Young honestly ditched for Magic Pie? :D

« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2016 21:33:37 GMT by Deleted » Back to Top  
Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

BE HERE NOW REISSUE
« Jul 22, 2016 21:42:30 GMT »

PS - I'm no strings snob, Whatever still remains a classic in multiple ways (i.e. Nigel Farage should learn to shoot the breeze). But DYKWIM is one song that really doesn't need it. Sad Song is also back in my system, what a tune.

liamw

liamw Avatar

[send pm]

BE HERE NOW REISSUE
« Jul 23, 2016 7:09:28 GMT via mobile »

I am not very clued up on all this remastered shit......does this mean we are going to get shortened versions of the songs?

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

BE HERE NOW REISSUE
« Jul 23, 2016 9:41:03 GMT »

www.rollingstone.com/music/news/oasis-prep-be-here-now-reissue-packed-with-rare-demos-w430345

danscouse
God

danscouse Avatar

That's just the way I like to roll....

[send pm]

BE HERE NOW REISSUE
« Jul 23, 2016 17:37:31 GMT via mobile »

liamw Avatar
I am not very clued up on all this remastered shit......does this mean we are going to get shortened versions of the songs?

No generally I think remastering is going back to the original recordings and giving them a Polish and enhancing the sound. Normally older recordings which were quite quiet - for instance the stone roses debut, which you have to higher the volume when it came on - are made to modern levels. With oasis I can't see the point in it tbh I personally can't hear a difference from the originals to the remasters.

Noel however has "reimagined" dykwim which is now shorter, with a lot of the overdubbed guitars taken out and replaced by strings.

I'll see you on the darkside of the moon
eddiemurphy
God

eddiemurphy Avatar

[send pm]

BE HERE NOW REISSUE
« Jul 23, 2016 18:54:15 GMT »

be here now b sides were patchy. :|

was expecting a dvd with this.

plenty of footage in the vaults. :-/

« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2016 18:55:37 GMT by eddiemurphy » Back to Top  

krburg
God

krburg Avatar

Dorothy Was a Waitress

[send pm]

BE HERE NOW REISSUE
« Jul 23, 2016 19:40:25 GMT »

sullycinnamon Avatar
Jul 22, 2016 21:42:30 GMT @sullycinnamon said:
PS - I'm no strings snob, Whatever still remains a classic in multiple ways (i.e. Nigel Farage should learn to shoot the breeze). But DYKWIM is one song that really doesn't need it. Sad Song is also back in my system, what a tune.

The strings have always been there, they were just buried in the mix underneath 726 guitars and compression.

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

BE HERE NOW REISSUE
« Jul 24, 2016 11:17:20 GMT via mobile »

Actually noticed as I played the original yesterday, first time I'd noticed tbh. Better they're buried a bit. I kinda like the handclaps in the new version though.

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

BE HERE NOW REISSUE
« Jul 24, 2016 11:19:52 GMT via mobile »

No generally I think remastering is going back to the original recordings and giving them a Polish

RACIST

« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2016 11:21:58 GMT by Deleted » Back to Top  
Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

BE HERE NOW REISSUE
« Jul 24, 2016 12:09:56 GMT » -

eddiemurphy Avatar

You kidding? Stay Young?

My Sister Lover is insanely good and (I Got) The Fever shits on anything off Heathen Chemistry from great heights. And then there's the Heroes cover, as big as it gets.

The only rubbish one is Flashbax.

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

BE HERE NOW REISSUE
« Jul 24, 2016 12:36:49 GMT via mobile »

Heroes cover is woeful

lino
God

lino Avatar

[send pm]

BE HERE NOW REISSUE
« Jul 24, 2016 13:26:17 GMT »

sullycinnamon Avatar
Jul 24, 2016 12:09:56 GMT @sullycinnamon said:
eddiemurphy Avatar
You kidding? Stay Young?

My Sister Lover is insanely good and (I Got) The Fever shits on anything off Heathen Chemistry from great heights. And then there's the Heroes cover, as big as it gets.

The only rubbish one is Flashbax.

My Sister Lover would be ten times better if it had a different title, and they just repeated "You're my lover", instead of saying "I'm your brother".

And Flashbax would be better if it didn't follow the Noel tradition of being a song, played twice. "Sitting on a throne'll give a bad back to you" is a fantastic lyric.

Quick Reply